Our Supplemental training is designed for those who would like to brush up on their skills, or for those who have not been active drivers. Either way we've got you covered and offer the training you need to refine the driver skills you already possess.
You must have a valid California driver's license in order to take this class.
A typical course consists of 9 students per class in 1 hour of classroom lecture covering laws, rules of the road and videos combined with 7 hours of behind-the-wheel training on the various courses, which includes:
- Precision driving at low speeds
- Threshold braking
- Offset backing which helps the driver be aware of front end swing
- Parallel parking
- Diminishing lane
- T-box which includes a combination of learning rear wheel cheat/front end swing while focusing on vehicle positioning
- Slow speed serpentine forward
- Lane change/accident avoidance at 45 miles per hour
- Offset forward driving which focuses on rear wheel cheat and front end swing
- Skid pan/skid recovery
- 180 bootleg turnaround focusing on proper vehicle position, rear wheel cheat and front end swing with the proper amount of steering in and out
You can receive the listed training above through our one-day eight-hour course for $200.
Ready to begin? Call or email DSS through the Contact Us page.